Tuesday 1 October 2013

THE MAN IN THE MIRROR



“Yeah ,I’m talking to you…you in the mirror” these were the words I kept saying to myself as I looked at myself in the mirror before leaving the house. At this moment you might be thinking that I have lost it but hey, research has shown  that everyone is allowed 5 minutes of madness everyday. It all started when I was watching an episode of keeping up with the kardashians. In this episode, kim was playfully thrown into the river by her fiancĂ©e Kris and then she discovered that she had misplaced her earings. She came out of the water crying and people were surprised at her action because it was just an “EARING”. She said that she was crying because the earing cost her 75,000 dollars and she just got them recently. I also lambasted her because I was wondering why a human being would cry that hard for something that can be replaced…I did not try to put myself in her shoes.

Then the next day, I had my own “kim” moment. I was sent on an errand to the bank to pay in some money and I was in a hurry because I did not want the bank to close before me. I quickly took a shower and was trying to dress up when I found out that my shirt was not ironed. I rushed to the room and put on the iron with the hope that it would heat up while I was getting ready. After a while I went back to iron my shirt and without checking the heat I placed it on my shirt……...”Aaaarrrgghh” was all that came out when I opened my mouth. My beautiful shirt was no more because It had been burnt. I could not cry because no one was at home to listen to me but then I started laughing when I remembered kim’s earing. The same way I insulted her because she was crying for her earing  is the same way some of you reading this would insult me because I was sad about the burnt shirt.

Well it’s a case of different strokes for different folks because what you’ll hold dear to your heart may be something I’ll just overlook. My shirt might not be as expensive as kim’s earings but then I liked my shirt a lot. The lesson here is that it is not cool to pass judgement on people so quickly without hearing their side of the issue. A lot of times when we hear stories about people we don’t even know from Adam or even those we are close to, we just write them off without trying to put ourselves in their shoes or even see them through God’s eyes (which is just and fair by the way). At least everyone deserves a chance to explain themselves. The moral of the story is that we should learn to be patient and not be too quick to pass judgement on people unless you can put yourself in their shoes because “it is he that wears the shoe that knows where it pinches him”.

            So my new motto is "what you don’t want people to do to you, don’t do to other people". Also, at the end of the day kim found her earing at the bottom of the river but my shirt was burnt beyond repair *crying*.



FEEL FREE TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS AND CRITICISMS…….gracias!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PUT YOUR 2 CENTS IN THE COMMENT BOX...

Diary favorites...