Saturday 30 June 2012

RESOLUTIONS; I WILL NO LONGER......



    It is the end of another day, the end of another week and definitely the end of another month. Wow! Six months gone already this year. It may sound cliché to say “time flies” but really it does (especially when you are actually doing something with it). I remember those Passover services we normally have on the 31s of December every year. Every year it’s the same tale in church…… “I will no longer do this, I will no longer do that”….blah, blah, blah. You would see a lot of people confessing their wrong doings and prophesying into the New Year (yes, we are all guilty).

At such services, you hear confessions like these:

From someone who drinks a lot: I will no longer drink again, I will never look at alcohol again……..

From someone who smokes; I will not buy a stick of cigarette this year. This year I will not smoke, if I smoke let me…..

From a lady who sleeps around with different men; I will no longer sleep with men again, this year I will keep myself till I get married……

From a gossip who talks about what did and didn’t happen; this year, I will mind my business. I wil no longer gossip….

From an armed robber; I will never steal again. I will never carry a gun again. This year, I will not rob again…..

Let’s not even go far, lets come down to the level of a university student who procrastinates in almost everything that he does. He postpones the reading of his class notes, doing of assignments….e.t.c.   Towards the end of the year, he looks back at what he has achieved and he is not impressed. There and then, he draws out a list of things he wants to achieve in the coming year and says to himself “I will no longer procrastinate, I will do things at the right time……..”

…..yeah right. ‘yimu’ as my warri friends will say. I’m not going to say the popular sayings like-à it’s easier said than done, action speaks louder than words, talk is cheap and the rest (oops I said it……loool). Alright, we are all guilty (including yours truly) but isn’t it funny how we plan things the way we want them to go and in the end they go another way sometimes even worse than we planned it to???...pretty sad. When we were coming into this year, a lot of people had mapped out strategies with which they will use to succeed this year but now half way into the year, there has been little or no progress. Some are even regressing. It’s bad enough that some people are not where they expected to be but the pressure around, from peers and family is even more depressing. For every cloud, there is a silver lining. It’s never too late to start afresh as long as you still have breath in you. Concerning the resolutions, a lot of people went back to their old ways even on the third day of the year. Needless to say, their resolutions flew out the window. There are some that tried (and are still trying) to keep their resolutions and its been working for them.

It’s never too late to start afresh, we still have six months to the end of the year and anything is possible. You just have to re-strategize. Here are a few points;

-write out some positive messages/inscriptions or what you hope to achieve on a piece of paper or cardboard and hang it in your room, or even paste it on the wall by your bedside. This way, it is the first thing you see every morning.

-set reminders or even an alarm on your phone for specific times/ activities . This way you are reminded of what you ought to do even if you drift away.

-most importantly, you should have a friend and a confidant (preferably GOD) who can set you back on the right track if you are going off track.



Tomorrow 1/7/2012 marks the beginning of the remaining half of the year. You might say you ‘I have done it before, it did not work’ well maybe something was missing then. Try again, but this time with faith (belief in what you hope for) and I tell you…the year will end on a fabulous note for you. My fear now is that after reading this, some People will still make the same mistake again…*sigh*. Well don’t disappoint me (yeah I’m talking to you too STEHLLAR!) LOL.

GRACIAS!!!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD,i cannot believe this.I just cannot express in words becos this is soooo lovely. i will like if you do more of this becos i wish i could do this but i have not got the talent to do such so keep up with this in a way that it will please your talent giver.

    ReplyDelete

PUT YOUR 2 CENTS IN THE COMMENT BOX...

Diary favorites...