Tuesday 24 December 2013

MY OPEN LETTER TO YOU

As it's the season of open letters in our dear country, i've decided to write one to you. Yes, you! Stop looking back, i'm talking to you!

I'm constrained to make this an open letter to you for a number of reasons.
One, I am too excited to keep within me, the joy of seeing the end of another year. Two, the year wouldn't end on a good note if I don't acknowledge people like you that have helped to make it a success. Three, I sense a better year ahead and it's imperative that I share a few tips that may aid it's success.

With its pros and cons, 2013 visited us and is about going the way of it's predecessors. There were low points and even melting points but the fact that you are reading this letter is an assurance that there is still hope. 

An eventful year it has been. Between the  examinations, conferences, walkathons, seminars and programmes, I can't really point one that outdid the other. They are all events that I won't be forgetting in a long while. I learnt a lot during each event and I believe they'll be useful in the coming year.

Diary faithfuls, you guys have been awesome. Even when laziness and writers block tried to keep me away from you, the comments and views kept coming in. This is where I pen my 2 cents on certain issues and it's magnificent that someone, somewhere takes time and mb to open it. I Really appreciate your dedication this year and I trust it'll be stronger in the coming year. 

I came across a lot of people this year. People I used to watch from a distance are now close. For support et encouragement when life happened, yours truly is grateful. Mentioning names doesn't do justice to the love showered on me. All I can say is may you also find help in your time of need.

You may have lost loved ones this year, to the hands of the grim reaper and it's seems like your world has crashed. You have to gather the pieces of your life and press on. When you make progress, you can feel it in your heart that they are happy with you wherever they are.

I learnt a lot of things this year: assumption is the lowest level of knowledge. If you don't know something or someone you ask before you assume. 
Have a mind of your own. Don't be cajoled or pushed into what you don't want to do. It doesn't always make you look good. You may end up hurting yourself and others on the process. Trying to please everybody is an unending task because humans are insatiable. If you can, by all means do what is being asked of you. If you can't, try and make the other party understand. Let your yes be yes and your no, be no!
I came to understand the value of friendship. You need certain people in your life to push you forward. No man is an island. You may be lacking in some aspects of life and all that is needed is that tiny push from a friend. If your friends are not adding any value to your life, then you are loosing your values. Time is of the essence. Make good use of your time. It is your most valuable possession. Once it's gone, you can never get it back.

Finally, we have gone through 2013 despite its ups and downs. The mistakes and regrets should be assessed and avoided in the coming year. Love freely and hold no grudges. Life is too short for all of that. Live, learn,love.

Gracias.

Yours truly,







6 comments:

  1. You're welcome *takes a bow*
    More power to your elbow
    May 2014 be a much better year for all of us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you're right about assumptions & knowledge, all my assumed plans throughout the year flopped but I didn't incur much cash loss. I'll learn better next time thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to a greater 2014, well done!

    ReplyDelete

PUT YOUR 2 CENTS IN THE COMMENT BOX...

Diary favorites...