Saturday 12 September 2015

E is for EXPLORE

Dear Diary,

E could have easily been for excellence but I changed my mind. Excellence cannot be achieved by doing the same thing over and over again, you have to explore new avenues. There are a lot of things that are required in the pursuit of excellence and we would be discussing one of them today.

A while ago, I had the opportunity to do something I had always wanted to do and I learnt a lot doing the process. It changed my way of thinking and doing things, I saw things in a different light. It made me question what I had been doing all the while, it changed me for the better. The thing is I wouldn't have learnt all I did if I didn't step out of my comfort zone, if I didn't want more in life, if I didn't explore.

To explore is to search, to investigate, to analyze, to look into, the list is endless. Exploring creates that quest for more in you. In exploring, you find exposure. You are exposed to things you never knew. It's not enough to sit things out and wait for them to happen, you have to pursue your cause.

A lot of us have such a predictable mindset; Go to school, get a degree, get a job, get married, grow old et voila! That's it. Everybody is doing that so what is special about it? There should be an inert desire to look for more, to question the status quo. Why are things done this way? Isn't there a better way? 


The thing is that you think you have time; in actual fact, you don't! How many times are we going to be told the proverb,  make hay while the sun shines?  Don't wait until you are old and rickety and all you do is regret the life you've lived. Step out while you are young and start acting. Stop procrastinating because you are afraid, making mistakes only reminds you of the human that you are. Life itself is a risk, don't be afraid to try something new.

"To know what life is worth, you have to risk it once in a while." -Jean Paul Satre

Dare to dream and do things no one thought you could do. It doesn't matter if you get turned down, that's the worst that could happen. If you don't try, you'll never know. Don't let the story of your life be written with the phrase "had I known". We don't know when the grim reaper would come visiting. It's not about how long you stay on this planet, it's about how well you live your life while you are here.

Travel, try out new food, read books, fear God, go places, try out new activities, make new friends, learn new things. See the world for what it is and not just the round shape people claim it to be. 

In the words of the Late Capt. Peter Kayode Bello, "best to explore while young".


We are learning :).



P.S: I guess you've noticed the long silence in the diary in recent times. It's due to the underground maintenance that has been going on. We are ready to launch in a bigger and better way. I can't wait for you to see this; you'll love it! 

Date: October 1, 2015
Venue: www.thediaryofayoungblackwoman.com
Time: 12:00 pm

As usual, don't forget to tell a friend to tell a friend. Spread the news ladies et gents, something is about to happen!.

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaay....October 1st 2015....I ll be @ d "venue"...... vewi early sef....loooool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool! Don't worry, front row seat just for you. :)

      Delete

PUT YOUR 2 CENTS IN THE COMMENT BOX...

Diary favorites...