Sunday 19 January 2014

MY FELLOW WOMEN

Dear diary,

In the very little time I've spent on earth, I've seen and heard all sorts. I am a young black woman as as such, I must share some of these things with my fellow women. Seeing is believing doesn't work for me anymore because I now believe that anything and everything is possible. I promised you sweet gist in my last post, so here it is:




Yours truly was standing by the road one random afternoon waiting for cars to give way so she could cross to the other side of the road. She waited and waited but no car would allow her cross. Then she saw a beautiful Toyota Camry with a pretty lady behind the wheels. The car was almost grinding to a halt as it approached where I stood and a happy me was already smiling and murmuring thank you. As I put one foot forward trying to cross the road, le pretty lady almost ran over my right foot. I was taken aback and for about 2 minutes I couldn't recollect myself. 


I've heard stories of how women dislike each other et al but I never really took them serious. What stopped the pretty lady from allowing me to cross the road? It was not an express road so there was no need for speed. It's not the first time something like that would happen so I think it's time the issue is addressed.


This antagonizing concern amongst women doesn't end on the road. We see it at parties when two ladies incidentally wear the same clothes, they instantly become enemies. A Denzel kind of guy walks into an office and all the girls there are drooling. Dude stops by a lady's table et chats nonstop with her and before you know it, the young lady becomes everybody's enemy. You cannot play blind to the kind of look some ladies give each other when they see someone that dresses better than them. Your female coworker at the office gets a promotion and stories come out of nowhere about how she slept her way to the top, who do you think is responsible for them?. I am even more convinced now that my dear customer agent friend that wanted to frustrate me at all costs is probably one of them.


You often hear ladies say that they can never have a female as their best friend, what could be the reason? Research has proven that women who hate other women do so because of insecurity et out of jealousy. In life there's always competition and this category of women believe that for them to succeed they have to bring down the other woman.


If you ask me, I think it's just a generational mentality that is passed on from one mother to her daughter. A young girl watches her mum talk spitefully about another woman and she begins to see it as the norm. If you want to change something you have to start with yourself. Make up your mind to love your fellow woman despite her flaws and slowly but surely, she'll return the favor.


Is it all in my head? Do you have any experiences? Does this happen with guys too? I need answers diarlings 😊

1 comment:

  1. Naa doesn't happen with guys, we have big hearts!

    ReplyDelete

PUT YOUR 2 CENTS IN THE COMMENT BOX...

Diary favorites...